It looks like it must be rising from the paper, and one wonders how. It turns out, it’s quite simple. Watch it done in real time – or, actually, sped up time – and find out how you can make a 3D drawing as well.
All you need is paper, pens, pencils, an X-ACTO knife and a cutting mat and you’re all set. Well, that and drawing abilities, of course. But even if your Loch Ness Monster doesn’t look as good as his, you’ll still get an added effect to your drawing that will make it appear as if it is rising up from the page.
How to Make a 3D Drawing
- Draw your picture on and with the medium of your choice. In the video, the artist is using Promarker pens and drawing paper.
- Choose a section of the drawing you want to look like it is coming up out of the rest of the image. Here it is a Loch Ness monster arising from the water.
- Make a straight line line using a pencil and ruler at that point in the drawing, making sure not to draw over the drawing itself. In this case it is about two inches down from the top of the paper.
- Using an X-ACTO knife, and placing the paper on top of a cutting mat, cut out that pencil mark you made. Again, avoid cutting the drawing itself.
- Also cut out around the drawing anything above the line. This is what makes the image to appear to be rising up from the page.
If you make a 3D drawing using this method, share the results in the comments below.
Latest posts by QY Editor (see all)
- Bangladesh police arrest 27 men ‘for homosexuality’ - May 19, 2017
- Watch Super Bowl 51 Online Free Livestream - February 5, 2017
- When New Yorkers saw swastikas in a subway car, they got to work - February 5, 2017